If you are planning on giving your au pair a gift this holiday season, but haven’t made your decision yet, here are some ideas:
- Stationary to write friends and family back home
- A SunTrek gift certificate for a trip your au pair may be planning with SunTrek-1-800-SUNTREK
- A framed photograph of her with the children
- Gifts certificates for photo albums and printing of pictures
- Hat and mittens
- A hand-made gift by the children such as a framed card, picture, painting, jewelry, etc.
- Personalized or engraved gifts
- Personal items such as bubble bath, lotion, special soaps, etc.
- Books especially a picture book of the US or a guide book for a place she is planning to visit
- Gift certificates to theatre, restaurants, store to purchase personal items, etc.
- Phone card
A special note regarding gift giving…….
Holiday gift giving in the United States may seem overwhelming to Au Pairs. The quantity of gifts given to the children and the commercialization of this holiday season may be quite different from their experiences. Au pairs are not in a position to purchase expensive gifts so encourage your au pair to participate in this holiday season by possibly sharing a dish from her home country, baking cookies, etc.
Please feel free to share any ideas you may have!