During the summer months we need to take some added precautions to keep children safe in the sun and by the water. Here are some good tips:
- Avoid long periods of sun exposure especially between 10.00am and 4.00pm
- Apply sunscreen of at least 15 SPF that protects against both UVA and UVB rays should be worn on sunny and cloudy days.
- Infants should be dressed in lightweight clothing covering as much skin as possible and brimmed hats to shade the face
- Stay hydrated, drink water throughout the day
- Intense activities and sports should be reduced whenever high heat and humidity reach critical levels
!!!!!! Never leave children or animals in a car unattended !!!!!!