My name is Jolanta Tipler. I came from Poland to visit New Orleans briefly… and never left, having been seduced by the city’s vibrant culture and delightfully funky character. I met my husband in New Orleans and raised two daughters here. When my girls left for college, I looked to get involved with young adults in a professional capacity and was happy to join Au Pair in America as the community counselor.
My duties as counselor include:
- providing information about the program to new host families
- orienting host families and au pairs regarding program rules and regulations
- assisting host families with selecting and matching with new au pairs
- conducting orientation in person before au pair’s arrival
- meeting with host families and au pairs within two weeks of au pair’s arrival to ensure good personality fit and communication
- maintaining monthly contact with host families and au pairs throughout their match in order to foster good rapport, answer questions and assist in case of differences of opinion
- helping au pairs to meet their educational requirements
- organizing monthly cluster meetings for au pairs to promote their social life, community involvement and cultural enrichment
International travel and diverse cultures have always been my passion and that’s why I feel lucky to be able to interact with wonderful young women from many different countries on a daily basis. I also enjoy dealing with the host families who are in the busiest, most demanding, but also exciting, parts of their lives. It is my goal to help both sides take the best advantage of all the benefits that the Au Pair in America program has to offer.