The next UCLA APIA Advantage Course will run from February 6 – June 11. Registration is already open atwww.uclaextension.edu/aupairs
The cost of the class is $500 and it satisfies the education requirement for au pairs or half the requirement for EduCare companions.
This 19-week course, specifically designed for au pairs who are required to continue their education as a part of their experience in the U.S., is offered in a blended format–partially a media-rich, self-paced online environment and partially an instructor-led, cohort-based model.
The interdisciplinary course of study includes:
- U.S. History: Eras 1-5 (up to Civil War and Reconstruction), including mini-modules on economics and geography
- English-language study, including weekly reading and writing exercises
- Arts in the U.S., including virtual field trips and activities reflective of historical eras studied by participants
- U.S. literature: the readings which reflect the eras studied in the U.S. history module
- Career counseling and interest inventories to determine future directions for the participants.
Participants read lessons, write, share resources, network with one another, and collaborate on special projects, as well as explore web links, play games, and take virtual field trips, all designed to further their understanding of U.S. culture.
The Community Involvement segment of the program takes the au pairs into face-to-face contact with the community. Au pairs will relate these experiences to their academic coursework in American Studies Online.
For further information call (310) 206-6671 or email email@example.com