The weather has put a bit of a damper of everyone’s mood but luckily I found in the February issue of Chesapeake Family an article that provides families with five totally cool and unusual museums in the local area to help keep their children entertained despite the cold and the snow! Here is a short listing. For more detailed information pick up a copy of the February issue which can be found in many places including schools and doctor’s offices!
(1) The Baltimore Streetcar Museum located at 1901 Falls Road in Baltimore. Their website is www.baltimorestreecar.org/index.html; Admission for adult is $7/ children $5 and kids under 4 are free.
(2) The National Museum of Health and Medicine located at 2500 Linden Lane in Silver Spring. Their website is www.medicalmuseum.mil/index.cfm; Admission Free
(3) The National Cryptological Museum located at the NSA Headquarters, Ft. George Meade 8290 Colony Seven Road, Annapolis Junction. Their website is www.nsa.gov/about/cryptologic_heritage/museum/index.shtml; Admission Free
(4) The National Capital Radio and Television Museum located at 2608 Mitchellville Road in Bowie. Their website is http://ncrtv.org. Admission Free
5) Geppis Entertainment Museum located at 301 W. Camden St in Baltimore. Their website is www.geppismuseum.com. Admission: General $10, seniors $9 and students $7