We are experiencing the coldest weather in 20 years!
Some tips to protect yourself:
- Wear a hat, hood, or scarf, as most heat is lost through the head.
- Wear layers, as they provide better insulation and warmth.
- Keep fingertips, earlobes, and noses covered if you go outside.
- Keep clothing dry; if a layer becomes wet, remove it.
- Drinking alcohol can be dangerous: Alcohol does not make you warmer and drinking alcohol when outside in the cold weather is dangerous: It increases one’s risk for hypothermia and frostbite.