Looking for some tips on staying positive during COVID-19? We recently received inspiring advice from an au pair on how to find happiness through these uncertain times.
Wanessa, a 24-year-old Brazilian au pair living with her host family in Georgia, shares her favorite mantras for staying positive below:
For now, what I have to say is stay strong and count on each other. Keep chatting with your au pair friends and having online meetings to talk about your days. Share things you’ve been learning and all the stuff we find in difference of our culture – just as we have been doing with our friends and family since we are here in the US, right? Keep positive and move forward. Turbulence during the flight will not stop our trip from being amazing!
- Stay strong!
- Don’t give up! You’ve been doing great.
- You can handle this! I believe in you.
- One more day and one more step to your dreams.
- Life isn’t that funny right now? Well, then make fun of this!
- Try to laugh instead of complain. Maybe you have an even greater sense of humor and don’t know that yet.
- Rainy days will come, but that’s okay ‘cause you shine as the sun!
- We don’t need to be next to each other to know we are always together.
- Dude, Steve Jobs worked hard to make these smartphones. Let’s use it!
- If people survived only using mail, we can survive using FaceTime.
Thank you to Wanessa for sharing these beautiful tips for staying positive!
Is your family interested in hosting an inspirational young woman like Wanessa? Learn more about hosting an au pair with Au Pair in America!