Make a memorable Butterfly Bunch for Mother’s Day this year. Mount these amazing butterflies on mom’s bathroom mirror on Mother’s Day for a great start to her day.
Just wing it! No one will believe this wall art is made from toilet-paper tubes from Family Fun!
What You’ll Need:
Toilet- and/or paper-towel tubes
Gesso (optional, for brighter color)
Hot-glue gun or adhesive dots
1. If desired, prime tubes inside and out with gesso; let dry. Then paint; let dry completely
2. Flatten the tubes and use scissors to cut them into slices. For a large butterfly, you’ll need five ⅝-inch-wide slices. For a small butterfly, you’ll need two ½-inch-wide slices and one ¼-inch-wide slice (eyeball it).
3. To construct the small butterfly: Fold two ½-inchwide slices in half; unfold. Add a dot of hot glue (an adult’s job) to the inside center of each and refold to make a set of wings. Glue the two sets of wings to the sides of the ¼-inch-wide “body.”
4. To construct a large butterfly: Add a dot of glue to the inside center of one of the ⅝-inch slices and squish it together to make a “body.” Add a dot of glue to the flat side and press on another slice for a wing, as shown. Repeat for other three wings.
5. To assemble into artwork: Arrange the butterflies on the floor first; use poster putty to attach them to the wall.