Halloween can be a lot of fun but it is also a time when safety should come first. Here are some tips for tonight.
- Adult supervision is essential. Always accompany the children if they are going door to door to trick or treat
- Try tick-or-treat-friendly homes. Ensure the children only visit houses with lights on. And, you might also suggest the houses they visit have some sort of Halloween decoration on the porch.
- Stay outside. Make sure the children don’t go inside someone’s house. They can trick or treat on the porch.
- Remain visible. Dress the children in bright costumes or have them wear reflective strips or carry a glow stick or flashlight.
- Quality-check treats. Check the candy before they eat it. Throw out any candy that is not in its original wrapper or looks like it has been tampered with.
- Say “no” to strangers. Remind the children to never accept a ride or go anywhere with a stranger.
Most of all…have fun!
Another successful event with everyone in our cluster… Everybody had a great time at our annual Halloween Breakfast, including the children.