Our local, professional counselors are one of the many things that set us apart from other au pair agencies. Community Counselor Jolanta Tipler has almost seven years of experience with Au Pair in America, and works year round to ensure host families and au pairs have a happy and successful experience. Read more from Jolanta about how she got involved and why she loves the job:
My name is Jolanta Tipler. I came from Poland to visit New Orleans briefly…and never left, having been seduced by the city’s vibrant culture and delightfully funky character. I met my husband in New Orleans and raised two daughters here. When my girls left for college, I looked to get involved with young adults in a professional capacity and was happy to join Au Pair in America as the community counselor.
My duties as counselor include:
- providing information about the program to new host families
- orienting host families and au pairs regarding program rules and regulations
- assisting host families with selecting and matching with new au pairs
- conducting host family orientation in person before au pair’s arrival
- maintaining monthly contact with host families and au pairs to foster good rapport, answer questions and assist in case of any issues
- helping au pairs to meet their educational requirements
- organizing monthly meetings for au pairs to promote their social life, community involvement and cultural enrichment
International travel and diverse cultures have always been my passion and that’s why I feel lucky to be able to interact with wonderful young women from many different countries on a daily basis. I also enjoy working with the families who are are often in the busiest but also most exciting parts of their lives. It is my goal to help both au pairs and families take full advantage of all the benefits that the Au Pair in America program has to offer.
Jolanta is part of a great team at Au Pair in America helping busy New Orleans area families solve their child care needs! For questions about the au pair program, schedule a consult with us at a time that’s convenient for you.