Welcome to the second installment of our #FoodieFriday series! Are you finding yourself cooking more in the time of Coronavirus and social distancing? You aren’t alone! We asked our au pairs to share their favorite recipes to help inspire your next kitchen adventure. Every week, we will share a delicious recipe from around the world. This week’s culinary destination? Brazil!
Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread) Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup grated cheese of your preference
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread a small amount olive oil around the insides of each wall of a mini-muffin tin.
- Place ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared mini-muffin tin, leaving about 1/8 inch space from the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffy and nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes
Voilà! Pão de Queijo! Check back next week for our next installment of #FoodieFriday and discover more recipes from our au pairs!
Is your family interested in learning more about international cultures with an engaging au pair? Learn more about the cultural benefits of hosting an au pair!