Next week’s Camp Au Pair theme is Dinosaurs.
Crafts, recipes, activities, and games related to dinosaurs can all be found here on the Camp Au Pair – Dinosaurs pinboard.
Field Trips can be a great way for kids to learn and have new experiences. Get permission from your host parents before any outings and be sure to take all social distancing precautions.
Field Trip Ideas:
- Children’s museum
- Natural history museum
- Parks with fossil hunting programs
- Play spaces with dinosaur areas
- Science centers
Virtual Field Trips:
- American Museum of Natural History Virtual Field Trip
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Melbourne Museum Virtual Dinosaur Walk
- Smithsonian Natural History Museum Virtual Tour
Toys – Many kids have dinosaur toys already. See what your kids have and think of fun, new ways you can play with these toys with them. Imagine taking a plastic dinosaur and making footprints in play dough to form your own fossils.
Webcam – The Calvert Marine Museum in Maryland offers a webcam where you can watch paleontologists remove rock from around fossils.
Videos – Look for fun videos on YouTube about dinosaurs and fossils. Here are a few to get you started.
Movies – Here are some movies that fit the dinosaur theme.
- Dinosaur Island
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
- Land Before Time
- Lego Jurassic World
- The Good Dinosaur
- Walking with Dinosaurs
- We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story
For older kids:
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Jurassic Park (which is rated PG-13)
Books – Check your kids’ bookshelf for books on dinosaurs. You can also find many read aloud book videos on YouTube.