Online courses are approved if a class was registered by August 31,2022. All classes must be from an accredited USA college or university. Ask your CC to approve any online course before you start to make sure it will meet the requirements. After September 1 proof of registration before August 31 and a Completion Certificate will be needed.
For a list of great online options click here
- Chattahoochee Technical College Free ESL and GED classes offered in Canton and Acworth]
- ESL Intensive English program at Chattahoochee Technical College- Tuition is required.
- Lanier Technical College Free English as a second language and GRE Prep course
- Gwinnett Technical School ESL Program- Free ESL
- Gwinnett Technical College ESL Continuing Education Fulton County and Gwinnett County Campus- Tuition is required.
- Gwinnett Technical College Continuing Education- All classes.
- Kennesaw State University Intensive English Program
- Kennesaw State University Continuing Education or Community Education.
- North Georgia University and State College Cumming Campus
- UCLA Extension Program APIA Advantage This is the only remote 100% online class that is accepted.
- Description of UCLA Online Program for Au Pairs
- How to Register for the UCLA online course
- University of Georgia at Gwinnett Continuing Edu
- Weekend Travel Courses Approved by APIA
- Cultural Highways Travel Courses
- Interactive College of Technology Chamblee location
- How to print our your I-94 card.
- Important Education Information
- What you need to consider before extending your au pair term!
- What you need to know about a tornado. Keeping yourself and your host children safe during a tornado watch or warning
- ONLY FOR EXTENSION Au Pairs who have moved into Georgia.DS-2019 Reprint Requests https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DS2019request *this is only to be used if an au pair needs a NEW DS-2019 form and should NOT be used solely for travel validation*
Medical Care in the USA
- Medical Care. What you need to know!
- Link to find a doctor or urgent care center for Au pairs
- CVS Minute Clinics are a quick, easy option for non-emergency-related illnesses.
- MAKE an account with Cultural Insurance Services International and add your host family address to the document. This is needed for information about your care and to use as proof of your residence.
- Provider Search Link:
- Download FREE Pharmacy Discount Card:
- I paid for my medical cost and I need my money back
- Contact for Au pair Insurance questions: For claim submission questions, CISI Claims Department (9-5 EST, M-F): call (800) 303-8120, prompt 5 or 203-399-5130 or email Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For after-business hours assistance: Team Assist (24/7/365) – AXA Assistance:
Phone: (855) 327-1411 | (312) 935-1703
- For low-cost female health checks or birth control Planned Parenthood ( Birth Control and Women’s Healthcare)
Life in the USA
- Georgia Driver Services
- How to get a Georgia driver’s license.
- Driver’s Test and Exam information. What to expect!
- Roads tests are now conducted differently. A licensed person will need to be in the car with you. Read about what to bring for the car that you will be testing in.
- Georgia Driver’s Manual. To pass the test, study sections 5 and 7.
- Where to go to get a Driver’s Written and Roads Test. NOT all sites will give both the written test and the Roads test. READ before you go Appointments for a road test can be made 120 days ahead. There is a long wait!
- How To Get A Social Security Card
- You must go to the designated Social Security office for your zip code. check here for the location for you.
- Print the Application for Social Security Card and take it with you to the appt. Check legal aliens allowed to work.
- Practice Test for Driver’s Exam
- Third Party Road’s Test can be scheduled faster than GA State Locations
- Driving Lessons in Peachtree Corners/John’sCreek area.
- Driving lessons in Alpharetta/Cumming/Roswell
- Filing your USA taxes
- APIA Tax information for Au pairs
Travel Links for Au Pairs
- Hostelling info
- Rapid Transit in Atlanta ( Marta Train)
- Traveling outside the US
- Read the Year 1 or Year 2 checklist and the Travel Validation form. This process can take up to 4 weeks. You must send the original form back to the office. If you need it faster than 4 weeks, you will need to pay for expedited mail service to the Stamford office and then also pay ( with Venmo) for the office to send it back with expedited service. This info is on the validation form.
- Contact for Questions regarding travel outside of the USA : Compliance & Program Manager- Fiorella Ciralli1-800-928-7247 EXT 5027 Fciralli@aifs.com
- Return Fight Information During the 8th month an email will be sent directing the Au Pair to her AP portal. Here she will choose to extend or will request a flight back home. It is very important to be aware of the deadlines. A late fee will be imposed if you miss the deadline.
- If an Au pair is traveling during her travel month, she must have proof of insurance for the whole month, if she is staying longer than 3 days.
- Questions about your flight back home: email email@example.com