Step 1 – Make an Appointment
- Find a nearby Social Security Office and make an appointment.
Step 2 – Take these Documents to your Appointment
- Print your I-94 Card (Click on “Get Most Recent I-94” at the top of the page)
- Print your Participation Letter (on your au pair portal)
- Complete the Social Security Card Application
- Take the following documents to your appointment:
- country driver’s license
- international driver’s permit
- participation letter
- I-94 card
- completed SS application form
Step 3 – Receive Card in the Mail
- When your card comes in the mail, save the envelope and everything inside.