As a full-time working mother of an infant and a 2-year-old, I sometimes struggle to keep my family and home running smoothly. At no time is this struggle more real than in the mornings when my husband and I are scrambling to get ourselves ready for work and the kids ready for daycare. Here are a few moments that often make me think, life would be so much easier if we had an au pair!
- As I’m hauling two daycare bags, two squirming little children, my purse, my work bag, and whatever else I need for the day to the car – and it’s already clear that I’m going to be at least ten minutes late to work…again.
- When the daycare phone number pops up on my phone during the workday. There’s an excellent chance that one of my kids is about to be sent home sick for the rest of the day.
- When my husband is running late at work and I’m trying to coordinate dinner, baths, and bedtime for a cranky infant and a rambunctious toddler. (On second thought, maybe we’ll skip the bath tonight.)
- When the email confirmation that TWO daycare fees have been deducted from my bank account arrives every month. *Internally screams.
- When we’re almost out the door in the morning (on time for once!) and one of my kids has an explosion of some sort. Back to the drawing board!
If you can relate to some of these moments, it might be time to consider getting an au pair! With flexible and dependable, live-in child care, you’ll spend less time stressing about getting out the door and more time bonding with your family when you’re together.
Want to learn more about the au pair program? Visit our website to find out how an au pair can help your family!