Welcome to the second-to-last installment of our #FoodieFriday series! Are you finding yourself cooking more in the time of Coronavirus and social distancing? You aren’t alone! We asked our au pairs to share their favorite recipes to help inspire your next kitchen adventure. Each week, we will share a delicious recipe from around the world. Learn how to make kladdkaka, a Swedish sticky chocolate cake with this recipe from an au pair!
Swedish Kladdkaka (Sticky Chocolate Cake) Recipe:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- Lightly grease an 8-inch pie plate.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
- Stir the eggs into the sugar until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir just until combined.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and butter and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake on the lower rack of the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the center has slightly set.
- Allow cake to cool for 1 hour in the pie plate.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
And there you have it — delicious kladdkaka from Sweden! Who wouldn’t want to give this decadent sticky chocolate cake a try? Check back next week for our next installment of #FoodieFriday and discover more recipes from our au pairs!
Is your family interested in learning more about international cultures with an engaging au pair? Learn more about the cultural benefits of hosting an au pair!