If you are coming to this blog, chances are you are interested in the au pair program. It is a win-win situation for many families and au pairs, but you have to make sure it is a good fit for you.
- looking for flexible, affordable child care?
- comfortable with someone new living in your home?
- able to work within the State Dept. regulations (maximum of 10 hours per day and 45 hours per week)?
- able to clearly communicate your expectations with your child care provider?
- planning to treat your au pair as you would want your daughter treated?
- offering a private bedroom for the au pair?
- interested in the cultural exchange benefits?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might make a great host parent.
If you have questions, please post them here or in the Ask Away section and we will be happy to answer.