For the past several years my cluster has participated in the City of Bowie International Festival. It is a wonderful event that brings people from all over the area who want to sample a variety of cultures from around the globe. We provide free children’s activities. Last year my au pairs had over 700 children visit our booth!!!
We are hoping for a sunny day on Saturday, so we will have lots of excited children stopping by for the activities we have planned.
Depending on when you stop by, you might join us to do one of the following:
- writing your name in Thai or Chinese
- coloring plastic butterflies
- learning the colors in various languages
- map games
- flag games
- making beaded bracelets
- making tissue paper flowers
- getting your hand painted with the flag of Germany or South Africa
Here are a couple of photos from last year’s event
The City of Bowie International Festival will be held on Saturday, October 3, 2009, 11 am-5pm at Allen Pond Park, Northview Drive, Bowie, MD 20716.