Yesterday, we had a cluster meeting where au pairs gave their time to prepare sandwiches for the homeless. We were joined by a few moms and cub scouts from Pack 403. Thank you to Holy Trinity Episcopal Church for allowing us to use the parish hall. Together, we were able to make almost 600 sandwiches!!! These sandwiches are going to the DC Central Kitchen to feed homeless people in Washington, DC.
I want to thank everyone who showed up, brought bread, made sandwiches and helped us surpass my initial goal of 400 sandwiches.
Here are a few photos.
At least once per year, we have a cluster meeting that is a service project. Some of our past volunteer/community service events include:
- DC Help the Homeless Walk
- Bowie International Festival
- Preparing lunches for Habitat for Humanity
- Donating items to children affected by Hurricane Katrina
- Working at Silver Diner to raise money for Tsunami Relief
- Wrapping gifts for needy children