Sis-U International is a seminar series developed exclusively for Au Pairs and cultural exchange students by Kathy Korman Frey, faculty at the George Washington University School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence.
Who takes the class? Au Pairs and cultural exchange students of all different backgrounds. All students want to:
Enhance leadership skill
- Develop skills for career success
- Meet other Au Pairs as part of their cultural exchange experience
- Meet DC business women as part of their cultural exchange experience
- Have fun, be creative, and contribute to the class experience
Where: GW’s Foggy Bottom Campus near 22nd and G streets NW in Washington, DC.
When: 1/27- 3/31, 8 to 10 pm (please fill out SIGN UP form for updates. A second Saturday (12-5 pm) series of sessions is being considered for students who live in Ashburn, Baltimore, and other places farther away from DC.)
Hours: 36 hours per semester. A letter will be provided to all participants confirming their participation. University credit is not provided. Cultural exchange students: This class fulfills 36 of your 72 hours of required education.
* In addition to homework, there is approximately one hour required each week for group meetings outside of class.
Price: $350 via check and $362 via credit card (click link in box at top of page “Register and pay for…)
Course material cost: $40 for course workbook which will serve as a life-long leadership skills book beyond the au pair experience.
*Access to a computer and phone each week will be required.
Instructor; Kathy Korman Frey, GW School of Business faculty member and founder of the Hot Mommas Project research initiative. Click for bio.