Driving in the snow and ice can be a challenge even for experienced drivers. If you don’t have to go out in bad weather, stay home. If you do have to go out, here are some tips from AAA. Check out the full article on the AAA website.
8 Tips for driving in the snow:
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Drive slowly.
- The normal dry pavement following distance of three to four seconds should be increased to eight to ten seconds.
- Know your brakes.
- Don’t stop if you can avoid it.
- Don’t power up hills.
- Don’t stop going up a hill.
- Stay home (if at all possible.)
Photo: Steve Pisano (Flickr)