This week’s Camp Au Pair theme is Dinosaurs.
Crafts, recipes, activities, and games related to dinosaurs can all be found here on the Camp Au Pair – Dinosaurs pinboard.
Field Trips can be a great way for kids to learn and have new experiences. Here are a few places to go, that fit this theme:
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History has just reopened its Dinosaur Hall after a 5 year, $125 million renovation.
- Laurel Dinosaur Park
- Maryland Science Center in Baltimore
- Smithsonian National Zoo has Dino Summer going on through Aug. 31.
- Calvert Cliffs State Park & Flag Ponds Nature Park both offer a chance for kids to search for fossils and shark teeth.
- Calvert Marine Museum has a Paleontology Exhibit where you can learn about fossils and watch a paleontologist at work.
Videos – Look for fun videos on YouTube about dinosaurs. Dinosaurs for Kids is a great video that explains dinosaur history and what paleontologists do.
The Good Dinosaur, Land Before Time and Ice Age are all great family movies that fit with this theme. For older kids, consider movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth and Jurassic Park (which is rated PG-13).
Books – Stop by your local library and look for books on dinosaurs.