Welcome to the next installment of our #FoodieFriday series! Are you finding yourself cooking more in the time of Coronavirus and social distancing? You aren’t alone! We asked our au pairs to share their favorite recipes to help inspire your next kitchen adventure. Each week, we will share a delicious recipe from around the world. This week’s culinary destination? Sweden! Learn how to make Swedish Krem (Cream), a refreshing and scrumptious dessert.
Swedish Krem Recipe:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a large saucepan, combine cream and 1 cup sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°F (do not allow to boil). Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in extracts. Let cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Pour into 8 dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, lightly crush raspberries and gently stir in remaining sugar. Spoon over tops.
And there you have it — Swedish Krem! Check back next week for our next installment of #FoodieFriday and discover more recipes from our au pairs.
Is your family interested in learning more about international cultures with an engaging au pair? Learn more about the cultural benefits of hosting an au pair!