Au Pairs need to complete:
6 credits or 8 CEUs or 72 classroom hours
Host family will pay $500 education allowance.
Educare Companions need to complete:
12 credits or 16 CEUs or 144 classroom hours
Host family will pay $1000 education allowance.
- Au pairs should budget at least $200 ($400 Educare) of her own money to complete her education.
- You must complete your educational requirement to be eligible to extend and to receive your completion bonus (if applicable.)
- For each class completed, you need to turn in a certificate, transcript or letter from the college stating how many credits you received, course name, and dates of the class.
- Classes must be taken at an accredited institution.
- Check the links under Education Options on the right side of this page, for the most current list of colleges and weekend courses and their links.
Community Colleges for Each County:
Anne Arundel Community College
Prince George’s Community College
Additional Options, if you Have Access to Metro:
International Language Institute
Georgetown Continuing Education
Weekend/Distance Learning Options:
Sojourner-Douglass Au Pair Weekend
Borough of Manhattan College
UCLA Au Pair in America Advantage Course