I have heard it is not an easy road to get to the White House, but I always thought that meant to be elected president. On Saturday, it was a difficult trip for us just to get to the White House for our tour.
Since White House tours are not easy to come by, we could not let a little thing like 6 inches of snow stop us. Over 70 au pairs from two clusters braved the snow and had their chance to catch a glimpse of some of the famous rooms inside the White House. And I caught a glimpse of the president’s car leaving for the Georgetown basketball game.
Here are some photos of that day.
- The view from my driveway before I left for the Metro.
- Here I am dressed more like I’m going skiing than to the White House. My three shirts and pair of snow pants did keep me pretty warm though.
- Some of the snow covered scenery on the White House grounds.
- Just as I am walking back to the Visitor Center, out comes the Presidential Motorcade! Is the President in this one?
- Or maybe in this one?
- No, he’s got to be in this one.
- The White House looks so beautiful covered with snow.