For our May cluster meeting we did a tour inside of the Washington Monument. This was our first Washington Monument tour since before the pandemic! We were very happy to have a great turnout and gorgeous weather.
Please vote for your favorite Washington Monument photo. You may vote every day between now and November 25. The winner will be announced on November 26. The winner will receive an I Love DC Prize Pack.
Click HERE or on your favorite picture, to vote.
I have heard it is not an easy road to get to the White House, but I always thought that meant to be elected president. On Saturday, it was a difficult trip for us just to get to the White House for our tour.
Since White House tours are not easy to come by, we could not let a little thing like 6 inches of snow stop us. Over 70 au pairs from two clusters braved the snow and had their chance to catch a glimpse of some of the famous rooms inside the White House. And I caught a glimpse of the president’s car leaving for the Georgetown basketball game.
Here are some photos of that day.
- The view from my driveway before I left for the Metro.
- Here I am dressed more like I’m going skiing than to the White House. My three shirts and pair of snow pants did keep me pretty warm though.
- Some of the snow covered scenery on the White House grounds.
- Just as I am walking back to the Visitor Center, out comes the Presidential Motorcade! Is the President in this one?
- Or maybe in this one?
- No, he’s got to be in this one.
- The White House looks so beautiful covered with snow.
Stop number one on our DC Tour Day was the Washington Monument. We had tickets for all of the au pairs to ride the elevator up to the top and look out over DC. Unfortunately, the less than cooperative weather interfered with the view. Here are a few pictures from the base of the monument.