Here are some fire safety tips from PBSKids.org. Go over these fire safety tips with your children.
- Don’t touch matches. Stay away from lighters and candles, too.
- Don’t touch radiators or heaters. Ask a grown-up to turn a heater on or off for you. Don’t stand too close to a fireplace or wood stove, either.
- Don’t play with electrical cords. And don’t stick anything into an electrical socket.
- Don’t play around in the kitchen. If you want to cook something, be sure to check with a grown-up first.
- Don’t put anything over a lamp. Things thrown over a lamp (like blankets or clothing) could catch fire.