May 8 is Teacher Appreciation Day, a day to honor teachers. If your child is in school he or she might want to make a card or gift for the teacher. You can find great ideas for some Teacher Appreciation Day gifts you can help the kids make on this Au Pair in America pin board on Pinterest.
Click here to read more Fire Safety Tips on PBS Kids
Here are some fire safety tips from PBSKids.org. Go over these fire safety tips with your children.
- Don’t touch matches. Stay away from lighters and candles, too.
- Don’t touch radiators or heaters. Ask a grown-up to turn a heater on or off for you. Don’t stand too close to a fireplace or wood stove, either.
- Don’t play with electrical cords. And don’t stick anything into an electrical socket.
- Don’t play around in the kitchen. If you want to cook something, be sure to check with a grown-up first.
- Don’t put anything over a lamp. Things thrown over a lamp (like blankets or clothing) could catch fire.