This week’s Camp Au Pair theme is Cars & Trucks.
Crafts, recipes, activities, and games related to all kinds of vehicles can all be found here on the Camp Au Pair – Cars & Trucks pinboard.
Field Trips can be a great way for kids to learn and have new experiences. Here are a few places to go, that fit this theme:
- Go Kart Raceway in Crofton has double karts where an adult can drive a child (age 2 & up). To drive their own kart, kids must be age 8 and 54 inches or taller.
- Smithsonian Musuem of American History has an exhibit with cars and trucks from a variety of different time periods.
- Port Discovery in Baltimore has a fun gas station exhibit where kids can pretend they are driving a car and filling it up at the gas station.
- Amusement parks like Six Flags America have lots of rides where kids can give driving a try.
- Look for construction areas where the kids can observe big machines in action. Kids should observe from the car or a safe area.
- Keep an eye out for the trash truck and let them watch the truck in action.
- Playseum in Bethesda or Annapolis has fun interactive activities for kids to try.
- Go to a drive-through car wash or let the kids make their own car wash at home.
- Touch a Truck is a free, family-friendly event taking place at the Bowie Baysox stadium on August 3.
Videos – Amazing Big Trucks is a kid-friendly video showing big trucks in action. Look for fun videos on YouTube about cars and trucks.
Cars, Cars 2 & 3, Turbo, Bumble Bee, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang & Bob the Builder Mega Machines movies all fit this theme.
Books – Stop by your local library and look for books on cars & trucks.