Brr! In need of some ideas to keep the kids entertained this winter? Here’s a roundup of several great local blogs full of suggestions for spending the day exploring DC both before and after the holidays.
- This local blog is a great source for indoor activities and events with the kids with posts on visiting Mount Vernon and the National Postal Museum and Badlands.
- Where to Play on the Weekdays and The Weekend Round-Up are updated weekly with suggestions on local events and fun places to take the kids.
- Seasonal suggestions include The 2018 KFDC Guide to the Holiday Season in DC, Where to Enjoy Live Entertainment with Kids this Winter, The 2018 KFDC Holiday Gift Guide
- The Great Indoors will help you entertain the kids when it’s too cold to play outside.
- Don’t miss this comprehensive list of the DC area’s local seasonal activities.
- Wondering if it’s worth taking the kids to one of the many local happenings? Read the reviews before you go!
- The Family Events Calendar is a great source for events.
- Looking to have your picture taken with Santa?
- Early sunsets mean there’s even more time to see the best holiday lights.
And last, but not least…
Capital City Au Pairs
- Life in DC is a comprehensive list of all of the many blogs, people, places, and activities that make living in DC so wonderful.
- DC Winter Lights will get you exploring DC at night.
- Want to entertain the kids at home? Don’t miss our monthly posts with calendar ideas and seasonal activities.