This week’s Camp Au Pair theme is Nature Exploration.
Crafts, recipes, activities, and games can all be found here on the Camp Au Pair – Nature Exploration pinboard.
Field Trips can be a great way for kids to learn and have new experiences. You can start observing nature at any local park or your own backyard. If you want to take it a step further, here are a few other local places that fit this theme:
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Rock Creek Nature Center
- Audubon Naturalist Society’s Woodend Sanctuary (Chevy Chase, MD)
- Tregaron Conservancy (Cleveland Park/Woodley Park)
- US National Arboretum
- Consider joining the Free Forest School- Washington, DC to find outings near you.
Videos – Look for fun videos on YouTube about nature.
Webcams – You can do a google search for websites with webcams that allow you to observe nature.
- Nature.org has lots of webcams from all over the country including Brown Bear Cam, Puffin Boulder Berm and Bella Diamond Hummingbird Nest
- Patuxent River Park Beaver & Osprey cams
- Bob’s Pennsylvania Wildlife Camera
Books –Green, and Under Water, Under Earth both fit this week’s theme.
Stop by your local library to look for these and other books on nature.