The way people address mail around the world varies. Here is an example to show you where to put the information when you are sending mail in the United States.
Other Mail Tips:
- Use permanent ink, no pencil.
- Print clearly and neatly.
- USPS prefers upper case letters and no punctuation (commas or periods), but it’s okay if you use upper and lower case and punctuation.
- Never mail cash. Money orders and checks are safer options.
- Postage stamps can be purchased at the post office and some grocery stores.
- One “Forever” stamp is enough to send a standard envelope with several sheets of paper inside anywhere within the U.S.
- Find nearby post offices HERE.
- Expect that it can take up to 5 days for regular mail to arrive. If you need to get something sent more quickly, look into faster options (Priority Mail, 2-Day UPS, FedEx)
What is a “self-addressed, stamped envelope”?
When you mail your DS-2019 in for travel validation, the first option is to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope. That means an envelope where you have written yourself as the delivery address and put a stamp on it. This allows them to sign your form and put it right into that envelope and send it back to you. This option is great when you send in your DS-2109 at least 3-4 weeks before your trip. If you have less time than that, you should select the 2-Day UPS option to make sure you get it back in time.