The United States has one of the fastest and most accurate postal systems in the world. The US Postal Service (USPS) has many helpful tips for addressing and sending your letters and packages.
- How to mail a letter or package to someone in the US (Domestic)
- How to mail a letter or package to someone in another country (International)
- Buy stamps
- Find a local post office
- A Customer’s Guide to Mailing
What is Certified Mail?
Certified Mail® provides the sender with a mailing receipt and includes the following:
- Certified Mail requires a signature to be obtained at the time of delivery.
- Certified Mail includes a unique tracking number and provides, upon request from the sender, electronic verification that an article was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made.
- A Delivery Record (that includes the recipient’s signature) is retained by the Postal Service two years from the date of mailing.