Brr! In need of some ideas to keep the kids entertained this winter? Here’s a roundup of several great local blogs full of suggestions for spending the day exploring DC both before and after the holidays.
- New to the scene, this local blog is a great source for indoor activities and events with the kids with recent posts on visiting Mount Vernon and the the National Postal Museum and What Are We Going to Do with the Kids Over the Holidays?
- Where to Play on the Weekdays and The Weekend Round-Up are updated weekly with suggestions on local events and fun places to take the kids.
- Seasonal suggestions include The 2016 KFDC Guide to the Best of the Holidays in DC and The 2016 KFDC Holiday Gift Guide,
- The Great Indoors will help you entertain the kids when it’s too cold to play outside.
- Don’t miss this comprehensive list of the DC area’s local seasonal activities.
- Wondering if it’s worth taking the kids to one of the many local happenings? Read the reviews before you go!
- The Family Events Calendar is a great source for events.
- Looking to have your picture taken with Santa?
- Early sunsets mean there’s even more time to see the best holiday lights.
And last, but not least…
Capital City Au Pairs
- Life in DC is a comprehensive list of all of the many blogs, people, places, and activities that make living in DC so wonderful.
- Want to entertain the kids at home? Don’t miss our monthly posts with calendar ideas and seasonal activities.