Cluster meetings are an integral part of an au pair’s experience in America and au pairs are highly encouraged to attend. Au Pair in America requires that counselors provide a cluster meeting per month. Our cluster meetings are scheduled on weekdays and weekends, in order to accommodate the varied schedules of the host families in our area.
Cluster meetings offer the opportunity to:
- Enjoy the many wonderful places and activities in and around Washington, DC
- Meet one another, make new friends from other countries and socialize
- Develop a relationship with your counselor
- Celebrate American holidays, welcome and say farewell to other au pairs
- Learn child development and safety tips
- Support each other by sharing experiences
Cluster meetings are an important part of an au pair’s cultural exchange. While it’s understood that sometimes work conflicts make this impossible, host parents are encouraged to free up their schedules so that au pairs can attend.
Upcoming cluster meetings are listed in cluster newsletters and posted in the DCC Host Families Facebook Group and the Cluster DCC Facebook Group (for au pairs) so that they can be added to the family calendar.
Au pairs are expected to attend cluster meetings and should contact their counselor prior to the meeting if they cannot attend. Host families are expected to provide the time and transportation for the au pair to attend cluster meetings. Au pairs and host families are encouraged to offer cluster meeting ideas.