The DC Public Library offers loads of free classes for kids and families, but there are plenty of opportunities for adults too. This list gives you an idea of some of the adult classes being offered in the library branches in our cluster. Check out the library event calendar for other classes throughout the city. And don’t forget- they’re free!
Yoga & Meditation
- Mt. Pleasant: Start your weekend with Carol, Marjorie, and some relaxing, stress-free yoga on Saturdays at 10 am. Everyone is welcome, beginners especially!
- Living in Harmony @ Mt. Pleasant: Join Colors of Happiness Coaching and Healing facilitator Florencia Fuensalida every other Saturday at 11:30 am for a brief guided meditation to provide you with the relaxation you need.
- Petworth: Yoga at Your Library is a beginner level yoga class for adults and teens on Saturdays at 11 am and Tuesdays at 7:30 pm brought to you by Yoga Activist. No experience is required.
ESL Conversation Circles
- Mt. Pleasant’s “Let’s Speak English”: Join the Conversation Circle held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 pm to improve your English and chat with new people.
- Takoma Park’s English/Spanish Conversation Hour: Join English and Spanish speakers every first and third Tuesday at 7 pm for a half-hour of conversation in Spanish followed by a half-hour of conversation in English. Each meeting will focus on a particular topic/area of interest.
- Learn Street Photography @ Petworth: On June 25th at 10 am, learn the basics of street photography in this two-hour workshop. We will begin in the basement of Petworth Library before moving outside. We will also learn how to upload their photos to Flickr. Registration required.
- Your City in 3D! Digital Flaneur Workshop @ Mt. Pleasant: On June 29th at 7 pm, the DCPL Makers-in-Residence will introduce the concept of 3D scanning and imaging.
- Awesome Adult Coloring Cafe @ Petworth: On July 13th at 5:15 pm, join Ms. Tea who will provide calming instrumental music, aromatherapeutic scents, colored pencils, markers and cool coloring pages for adults to complete.
- Summertime Zumba @Takoma Park: Join Roshaunda Jenkins, a certified Zumba instructor, as she brings her experience, skills, and energy to this Zumba session on August 17th at 7 pm.
- Open Shelves @ Mt. Pleasant: an interactive exhibit for our multilingual community to learn from each other while becoming authors, artists, and collaborators in handmade artists’ books.